Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dog Food is Disgusting!



So this is what Leo's been eating these days: I threw together a little boiled chicken, some cream of cheddar soup, white rice and mixed vegies! He's been having this chicken pot pie concoction now for a couple of weeks. I started doing this because he's always been so picky about his food. I've tried so many dog foods over the years and he turns his nose up at it as if to say, "I'm not a dog, why the heck would I want to eat THAT?" He's also taking a liking to eating the cat's food lately! I figured maybe It would be more appealing to his picky palette if I made him some homemade food! Naturally he loved it! The problem is, when things get busy and I have to throw down some of the old dog food that he used to reluctantly eat, now he is EVEN more insulted than ever. He gives me the DIRTIEST look and walks away with a huge chip on his shoulder! At least before, I could get away with sprinkling a little Parmesan cheese on the dog food or mixing an egg into it, BUT not now that he's had a taste of the real food, he's having none of that! Even my kids tasted the chicken mixture and couldn't stop eating it. I found them fighting with LEO over his breakfast! :)  I'd say I created a monster, but god knows he already was a monster long before this latest excursion! Luckily for him, I love him enough to be heading out to Market Basket to restock the ingredients necessary to make another weeks' worth of his preferred meals! He may not be the smartest dog in the world, but he IS smart enough to know that he's really NOT a DOG so why should he eat DOG FOOD?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Singing Bassets

Total Pageviews