Friday, August 24, 2012

"Following Atticus"

I was honored to attend the "Following Atticus" book signing and Author talk by Tom Ryan at Kennebooks in Kennebunk, Maine this past Thursday. It was amazing to hear Tom speak of his heartfelt life changing adventures in person. Since this book is my all time favorite book, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet Tom and Atticus in person. I was also so excited to meet Will, Tom's new yet very old rescue schnauzzer. I was so touched by the way each of these dogs would cuddle into Tom's neck when he held them. One could actually feel the love between them. Tom's talk was so captivating that my 9 and 12 year old children sat quietly and attentive throughout the entire event. Listening to Tom speak about his life journey was so emotional that I found myself continually wiping away the tears that were streaming down my face. It was a true honor to attend this event and anybody who reads this incredibly moving memoir will find themselves SO happy they did.  For those readers who may shy away because they are not into dog stories, I promise you this is more a tale of the human soul aspiring to uncover itself against all odds. This book will not only inspire you to take stalk of your own life, but it may even leave you feeling like you can uncover your own greatest potentials and reach for what you may have previously thought unattainable! And, I promise, when you finish the book, you will find yourself telling everybody you know to read it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Singing Bassets

Total Pageviews