Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Hangover


Although Leo seemed to be having a fine Easter Celebration yesterday with family & friends, I think he may have celebrated a little too much since he can't get out of bed this morning. He did have a good sized plate full of Easter dinner (stuffed pork, italian rice patties and mashed potatoes with gravy) and a long nap on the couch. He would have curled up in the forbidden recliner but Papa had already claimed it. Unfortunately LEO woke me up at 1am when he had an anxiety attack. I looked outside to see if there was any lightening or something going on to cause his panic but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. He was shaking and drooling and as always right on top of my head. I brought him downstairs and he seemed to calm down with the change of scenery. I fell asleep on the couch and he slept on the floor under me. We didn't make it back up to bed until 4:30am. I had to get up with the kids to get them off to school, but LEO is still sleeping peacefully on Dad's side of the bed and NATURALLY has his head on the pillow. For the past 6 weeks, he has been doing really well on the St. John's Wort & Melatonin for his chronic anxiety. I am hoping and praying that he has not built up an immunity to it. I'm gonna chalk it up to the stress of the holiday or the possible thieving of some hidden Easter eggs. Whatever his issue, I'm sure he's not the only one feeling a little drained on the Monday morning after Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Singing Bassets

Total Pageviews