Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ya Big Baby

Somebody's afraid of the dark....(shhhhhhh) don't tell him I told you! While he does know that I blog all about his special needs, he would be really mad if he knew I blabbed about his fear of the dark.
LEO absolutely refuses to walk up the stairs to bed, if he doesn't have somebody walking with him. If we forget to bring him up, he will stand at the bottom of the stairs and bark until somebody goes down to get him. You might think, he is struggling with the short legs, or that he is too lazy, or stubborn (two very common traits in Bassets) but nope, he's just straight out afraid of the Boogey Man! I usually take him out for the last time of the night around 9pm, then he curls back up by the fire and snores on the couch. I try to remember to nudge him out of his slumber and coax him up to bed, but there are many nights when I forget. Tonight was one of those nights. I just got myself settled into bed, when I heard the unmistakable BASSET HOWL! "Come get me Mama" sooooo, out of bed I go, and back down the stairs I go. As soon as I get to the bottom step, and say, "Come on", he steps up and climbs the stairs right beside me. He is such a big baby! A big baby that I love more than anything in this world! (Obviously by the lengths I go to for him) Brat! :)

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute! Glad you don't have to carry him up the stairs. Love the face. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm dreading that day! He may be a short little sausage, but he's a heavy one ;)

      Delete
  2. aww, the things we gotta do for our furbabies, right? gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got me jumping through hoops, but it's so worth it! He's actually standing under me right now at the breakfast bar wagging his tail. I usually have coffee by his side on the couch, but I changed things up today since it's my son's 13th bday. I'm sitting up at the breakfast bar with the bday boy! Leo knows something isn't right. He's just staring up at me wagging his tail. He even jumped up and leaned on me! :) SPOILED!

      Delete

Singing Bassets

Total Pageviews